By: Richard Gazowsky
The Next Monday Morning Blog: “The New Vision of a Hollywood Production Film” click here to subscribe.
The Lord has recently given me a prophetic download of the future concerning Hollywood, and of the changes God is about to make to the entertainment industry. I realized what I’m about to say is going to be very radical. In fact, many changes will at first appear to be impossible. I don’t claim to have gained any of this knowledge from my own personal experiences with the Hollywood industry. (I’m about to share this prophecy for the first time in Hollywood GMT Studios. After I’m finished speaking there it will be sent out, and that’s the reason this blog is late. The Lord told me it must be released at that time. )
The Day Of God’s Rest In Entertainment.
We are currently living in the seventh “day” of biblical history on planet earth. God rested on the original seventh day of creation, and He saw what He had created was good. When I recently reread this well-known biblical account, I suddenly saw it in a completely different light. It was as if I saw God sitting down on a couch watching the first six days of creation on a television set. It was then I felt the Lord say to me, “I took time to sit down and be entertained by the story of the first six days. Now that the earth is entering in to its seventh day, I’m going to perfect its entertainment so that the story of My redemption of earth can be seen by everyone.” I was suddenly hit with a stunning revelation of two major changes that will radically impact the entertainment industry in the near future. Firstly: Innovations in technology; secondly: The dawning of completely original productions.
A. Innovations in technology
1) Advancements in filmmaking. The industry has left the age of using physical analog film, and has officially entered into the digital age. If this fact doesn’t appear to be new to you, have you truly seen what God has in store? I’m here to tell you, we’ve only cracked the surface of what innovations digital technology will provide filmmakers. Soon, how many frames a second a camera goes, or how many pixels it uses, will no longer be relevant. Instead, resolutions will become so advanced that people will literally be unable to tell the difference from what they see on film and what they see in reality; for the resolution speed will pass that of the human eye. This will dramatically change the film industry because the story of a film will then have moved into the realms of reality.
2) Delivery systems radically changed. Because the new film systems will be impossible to replicate in a home or other small venues, the films will have to be made in multiple versions. This will then place story content at a new level of priority when it comes to meaning, purpose, physical experience, and especially the spiritual environment.
3) “Living” movie systems. The making and delivery of a film will require the use of “practical” sets, making construction more difficult than shooting the real thing. Because of the incredible accuracy of the filming process, it will be necessary that such practical sets become an enhanced reality, making each set a “living” movie system.
4) The resultant merger of fantasy and reality. Today there are in existence the beginnings of this concept in theme parks and resorts around the world. Walt Disney envisioned this before he created Disneyland, a mini-version of his many fantasies. But this technology is about to go to a whole new level. Film sets will become so realistic that they will become futuristic resorts of enhanced vision. Millions of people will end up taking their vacations to the locations of film stories, which will exist in reality. For example, a family will be able to watch a film of epic proportions, like Noah’s Flood, that will transport them through an incredible journey of cinematic realism. Afterwards they will be able to visit the town where Noah lived (part of the movie set), and even stay overnight in the new version of earth as it might’ve looked after the Flood.
B. The Dawning of Completely Original Productions
1) Transformation of the fashion industry. Changes are happening so quickly in this field, that soon famous brands like Prada and Armani, will become as commonplace as McDonald’s. This will cause the very high-end of the fashion industry to move into the custom of individually designing clothes that only one wealthy person will wear, in order to make their mark upon the industry (which would render copying meaningless). Personalization will become the desired call for innovation. I believe God will cause these kinds of situations to accrue so He can stop the widespread copying that is going on in the entertainment industry.
2) To copy is death ~ secrecy is life. It’s time to realize that your script or story can’t have one line or phrase that is copied from someone else’s. Being sued for copyright infringement is another form of death. Your only protection is learning to work and dream in secret. That’s the key.
3) Owning everything. The days of leasing, renting, or borrowing other people’s equipment ~ from cameras to a whole studio ~ is over. For years Christians have operated under a form of Egyptian slavery, like the children of Israel did. God is willing to send us to the Promise Land of entertainment, where we will own everything we use. And it doesn’t matter how long it takes to perfect the quality of the story we are developing, because the highest priority will be perfection of the Spirit, and on the sets.
4) Flowing with the wind of the Spirit, not the time clock. Future production of films will begin to slow down because of the desire for perfection. It won’t be unusual for a film to take ten years to complete. But such investment of time will also bring rewards of huge returns, because entire business economies and systems will be built upon the story development. Not just one amusement ride, but whole theme parks, and resorts, and even entire educational systems will be based upon one film.
5) The God factor. The release of films will become monumental events that will radically change the thinking of individuals and large groups of people. They will become happier than they ever thought possible ~ and closer to the presence of God’s love.
I realize most of this is difficult to comprehend for some of you. It’s hard to imagine that the film industry could have so much power in our future society. This is why I believe God is requiring us, as Christians, to be personally purified at an unprecedented level. Every actor, producer, director, grip person, etc, will be a shining example of Christianity in their personal family lives first. God is going to cleanse us at home before He cleanses our studios.
To learn how you can subscribe to The Monday Morning Blog, please Click Here.
Richard Gazowsky pastors a church in San Francisco called The Voice of Pentecost, and is also president of Christian WYSIWYG Filmworks. He has directed the films, “Guardians” and “The Roman Trilogy.”